News & Events
01 January 2011
Awarding Contracts for Two Major Projects: Ruwais New Sulphur Terminal and Habshan Sulphur Granulation Plant...
On Saturday, 1st January 2011, GASCO awarded the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Commissioning Contractors for two new major projects; the Ruwais New Sulphur Terminal and Habshan Sulphur Granulation Plant.
The Ruwais New Sulphur Terminal Contract was awarded to M/s Tichint / Al Jaber Joint Venture based on Lump Sum Turnkey (LSTK), effective 05 Jan 2011 with overall completion schedule of 36 months. Tichint/Al Jaber JV will execute the details Engineering and Procurement (E&P) from Tichint Office in Milan, Italy.
The Sulphur Terminal Scope includes;
- Granule sulphur receiving capacity of 22,000 TPD
- Granule Sulphur Storage Capacity for 15 days with Stacking and Reclaiming Facilities.
- Train Loop and Railcar Unloading Facility.
- Ship-loading system (Shiploaders: 2 x 4000 TPH )
- Marine terminal: 80,000 DWT vessels.
- Utility and Off-site Units.
- Administration, Control and Maintenance Buildings
The Habshan Sulphur Granulation Plant Contract was awarded to M/s Dodsal based also on Lump Sum Turnkey (LSTK), effective 05 Jan 2011, with overall completion schedule of 31 months. Dodsal will execute the project Details Engineering and Procurement from their Engineering subcontractor Office M/s Hatch Engineering in Calgary, Canada.
The Sulphur Granulation scope includes;
- Liquid Sulphur Storage and Transfer
- 12 Granulation Units of total 11000 TPD
- Sulphur Blocking for 4 Months production)
- 15 days Solid Storage and Handling.
- Conveyors (Granulation to Storage)
- Storage Buildings (165 KTons) with stacking and reclaiming ability
- Conveyors (Storage to Railcar loading)
- Railcar Loading
- Liquid Sulphur (2 Lines 8”/15 Km between Hab0,1,2,3,4 and Hab5 and 2 Lines 12”/24 Km from Hab5 to Granulation Plant) and utility pipelines.
- 33KV/11KV Overhead Power lines.