GASCO is currently implementing several major projects involving expansions / modifications to the existing plant facilities as well as installation of new Gas Processing facilities at various plant locations. During the year 2011, Ruwias Sulphur Expansion-Phase-3, Elixer-2, Asab Lean Gas Pipeline and CNG Vehicles Projects were completed successfully and are currently under operation, meeting the design throughputs and product specifications. Habshan Flare Gas Recovery (HFGR) Project is nearing completion.
Currently 12 new EPC Projects with an estimated capital investment in the range of US$ 12 Billion are under various stages of execution. Once completed, GASCO will become one of the largest gas processing companies in the world.
In addition 4 Projects are in EPC/ FEED Tendering stage and another 5 Projects are in Pre-FEED/ FEED Phase.
GASCO’s Major Projects Group, comprising of an integrated team of specialists covering the entire range of Project Management functions (Viz. Project Management, Engineering, Project Controls, Contracting & Procurement, Quality Assurance, HSE, Construction, Commissioning and Interface Management), is responsible for execution and management of all Major Projects right from the concept stage up to the stage of commissioning, Performance Test Run and Handover to Operations.
All projects progress through three distinct stages of implementation:
During the initial stage of the project, Techno-economic Feasibility Study (Pre-FEED) is carried out to determine the fundamental aspects of the project and to evaluate all possible options to select the optimum one. This is followed by the Front-End Engineering and Design (FEED) stage to perform the basic design, define fully the project scope and re-evaluate the project economics and seek Management approval to proceed to execute EPC Phase of the Project, before issuing the inquiries for competitive tenders for the EPC execution phase. The third stage is the Detailed Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) stage after completion of which all installations are handed over to Operations. Each stage is followed by Shareholders’ formal approval to move to the next Stage.
During the last 2 years, apart from the Projects mentioned earlier, several other major/ mega Projects have been completed by GASCO. These include Habshan-3 & 4, Ruwais Train-3, ASAB-2, Offshore Associated Gas (Pkg 2 & 3) and NGL Pipelines Replacement etc.
Details of various Major /Mega projects currently under implementation are highlighted below:
EPC Projects Nearing Completion/ Completed
- (Completed) Ruwais Sulphur Expansion – Phase
- (Completed) CNG Vehicles Project (Completed and Transferred to ADNOC Distribution)
- Asab Lean Gas Pipeline
- Habshan Flare Gas Recovery (HFGR)
Projects under EPC Phase of Implementation:
- Habshan 5 Process Plant
- Habshan 5 Utilities & Offsites
- Habshan Sulphur Granulation Plant
- Ruwais 4th NGL Train
- Ruwais Storage Tanks
- Ruwais Sulphur Handling Terminal-2
- Asab 3
- GASCO Sulphur Channel
- Habshan Acid Flare Gas Recovery (HAGFR)
- Nitrogen Gas Injection (Pure Case)
- Habshan-Ruwais-Shweihat (HRS) Gas Pipeline
- Mirfa-Ruwais Nitrogen Pipeline
Projects under EPC Tendering Stage
- Habshan-Maqta-Taweelah (HMT) Gas Pipeline
- Habshan Direct Depressurization (HDD1)
- HP Pipeline Connections for 4 Nos. new CNG Filling Stations
Projects under Pre- FEED/ FEED Stage
- Thammama ‘F’ Nitrogen Injection Development (Pre-FEED)
- Yas-Mina Zayed Gas Pipeline (FEED)
- Power Interconnection between Habshan & Transco (FEED)
- Habshan –Ruwais Condensate Pipeline (FEED)
- GD Expansion (Pre-FEED)
Projects under FEED Tendering Stage
- Early Nitrogen Rejection Unit (FEED)